Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Y worry?

Hello y'all!

Sorry iv not bloggd for days..network has not helped mattas at all! I see that in my absence some blogvillians hav deemed my blog worthy of bein followed..so i hav more followers. Yaaay!

Some time ago, i listend 2somthg in church that stirrd me n i want 2share with y'all.
In my 20 odd years,i hav discovered that life comes with challenges, tests,trials and tribulations. People xperience this and come out in different ways. Som peopl com out stronger and tougher..while some come out broken and bruised in mind and body.
Some dnt survive it.
Some commit suicide.
It is so easy 2get depresd when life throws challenges at u..When nothin seems 2b workin, n dere's confusion in one's life. How we handle thos period mattas a lot bcos it is so easy 2fall deeper and deeper in2 d darknes calld depression. If uve bin in that state, do u notice that no good thots ever enter ur mind at that particular time?

Sometimes u end up doin stupid things..4 diffrent reasons.. 2help u cope with d problem.. 2take ur mind off d problem..

I know, cause iv been there.
I remember, those times i felt like a super failure. Nothing ever worked right 4me. Id b in situations, n it was like God had 4gotten me. N id see things workin rite 4otha ppl n it was like God loved othas more than he loved me. But sooner or lata, God comes thru4 me. N den il b smilin..or id discover dat that situation workd 4my Good.

Many years bak, my dad lost his job..n then began a most terrible period 4my family. This period lastd 3years. We couldnt pay house rent, so we began livin in places we neva thot we would live in. Twas terrible. A family that had been very comfortable financialy reduced 2 squalor. I rememba one time like dat.. my mum's bitter tears as we were ejectd 4rm a place we'd been squattin in n we had nowhere2 go. My parents pleaded wit d landlord n he refusd 2 allow us stay an extra minit. But God helpd us n we found a place 2stay b4 d end of the day. We eventualy landed in a smal shed used 2store cement. Yes we livd there. My mum initially wasnt a christian. She had been a devotee of one of d eastern religions 4a very long time..in fact,all my siblings were born in2 dat religion. Yet in trouble, dat religion, n d name she calld on didnt work 4her. She knew somethin had 2b done. Enuf was enuf. She fasted n prayd 2 GOD 4 3days in d name of jesus, n lik a dream,that was d end of d problem. My dad got a job.we moved out of d cement shed 2a 3bedroom apartment..and from there my dad bought a land, and built a house..a very comfortable house i mite add! :-)

My mum today is a strong christian. She stil has bits of that religion around, but bit by bit, God is takin her away 4rm that religion. I pray 4her all d time, dat God perfects her faith n christianity. N i hav assurance dat very soon she wil get rid of all d remnants of dat religion.. Amen somebody!

Those awful days of hunger and homelessnes are past, n 2day we are much betta off dan we were b4 we had that problem.
My family is so fresh lookg, so com4table 2day that wen we tel ppl wat we went thru, they find it difficult 2beliv.

Y am i sharing dis with u? 2let u know dat there IS a God, he is mighty, n he answers prayers.
Y worry? Y b depressd? God cares. D bible says trust in d lord..
Trust in d lord. Whateva situation ure going thru, God is bigger than dat situation. Commit it in2 d hands of God.
Delight thyself in d lord, n he wil giv u d desires of ur heart. Psalm 37:4.

U can try oda ways.. But turn 2 God..n let God handle it.

So wen d devil tells u thru ur thots or thru people that ure a failure.. Dat that situation wil neva go away..dat nobody loves u..wen d devil tempts u 2do wrong..he puts thots of suicide in ur head..
Rebuke d devil.resist him in d name of jesus christ(d way,d truth, n d life) n he wil flee from u.
Rememba that there is a God.
Famous 4his faithfulness.

Famous 4his majesty.
Famous 4his miracles.
He loves u.
Wateva d situation,turn 2him 4help,N see ur situation turn around in ways that wil amaze u.
I know cus iv experiencd it personaly.
Send d arrows of depression bak2 d devil, refuse 2stay down in depression.

Im not mis perfect. I stil get depressd 4rm time 2time, but God sends ppl like my mum 2help me out of it..n then i remember al d time he's helpd me.. N i pray.. N God comes thru 4me. N im sendg d same mesage2u. He'l help u wen u turn 2him and call on him.

I hope i hav inspired n spoken 2someone..
God bles y'all.

8 comments:

  1. thanks hun , so encouraging I actually I have an audio post of something like this I may post it soon , hope your well dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to the best of us also,
    My dad lost his job when i was about 10yrs it was really bad he had to start driving his car as kabu kabyu for sometime, but God in his infinite mercies saved us, and now it seems like such a long time ago.
    thanks for sharing the story

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you for this too!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love this post! And i thank God for where He's brought you...stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing ur story. an inspiration right here. My dear, we are all imperfect in our own ways, and are made perfect only thru Christ. Would try 2 remember ur ma in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can totally relate!!! same thing happened to our family..but God came thru for us like he always does.

    ReplyDelete