Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sex and d PHAT gurl

Now in my earlier posts, uve read about my teenage years. uve also read dat i currently dont hav a boyfriend. yep. but d truth is brovas hav bin comin. fine ones, not so fine ones (dnt want2use d word ugly.hehehe) tall, short, married, divorced, fair, dark.. they ve all bin coming. but iv held out 4so long bcos... i seek God's wil 4my life. As a young lady, i lov God very much, n i seek 2do his wil. i may not hav always gotten it right, but by his grace, prayers and conscious effort, i get better n betta in my walk wit God. I hav heard a lot of things justifyin sex b4 marriage, but d truth is sex b4 marriage is bad. It opens ur life 2a lot of problems- spiritual and physical. i know. i hav refused 2 compromise bcos i say 2myself-God does not go against his word. if he said i shldnt 4nicate, den HE wil send me a man who values sexual abstinence in courtship. Having dat kind of mindset has really helped me in stayg away from relationships dat are not in line with God's word. Ive been celibate 4a long while now (think years) n believe me i feel great, i feel good, n my walk with God is getting stronger by d day. When i was stil in2 relationships dat involved sex i used 2wonda-so wats next? I got in2 sex realy young n naive.. ignorant. but thank God, i became olda, wiser, saw d error of my ways and stoppd. N i firmly believe that sex destroys n hinders intimacy in a relationship. When i was on campus, i had roomies that had relationships that included sex n d results they were gettin in their relationships just further strengthend my resolve dat i was going 2wait on God 2giv me a man afta his own heart, who wil fear God n value abstinence in line with God's word. my bunkmate had a boyfriend she'd bin dating for 5years. no marriage in sight. lo and behold, she concieves. n id bin talkg2her about stayin away 4rm sex, n she decided 2stay away bcos she herself knew dat it wasnt benefitin her in anyway... and then we quarreld. we were not on speakg terms at that period, so she got closer2d oda girls in d rum who encoragd n pushd her 2open her legs 4her boyfriend whom she had bin avoidg cus of dis sex issue. i know d particular day she concievd. my rumates were on her case dat day, teasg her mercilesly about avoiding her boyfriend. n like a lamb2d slaughta, she went 2 meet him dat day, n came bak pregnant. n dat was d beginin of her trobles. she refused 2abort d baby, n d bf neglected her shamelesly. she suffered terribly in school wit dat pregnancy. Her fatha n step ma were nt realy bouyant, she was d 1 sendg her fatha mony, step mum cldnt care less, so she was on her own. she sufferd financialy, no good medical care, she suffrd emotionaly, bf wasnt there.. it jst went on n on. Sex..its nt worth it. my oda rummies2 didnt hav stable relationships. n i know a guy, he has slept wit so many girls, 4rm lagos 2london n beyond! Yet his fiancee is a virgin. Do u get wat m tryg 2say? Or guys dat treat dia gurlfriends shabbily. how wont he treat d lady shabbily wen she has givg herself freely2him? He wont value d lady! n i knw 4a fact dat if a man has nt slept wit a lady, he's on his best bhavior. Afta sex,d guy go dey misbhave. D spiritual aspect nko? Dat one is d worst! When u sleep wit sm1 ure nt married2, dere's an introduction of demons, curses, etc. u just inherit a lotta problems! Dats y sometimes a person can find himself doin sm things he/she didnt use 2do b4 sleepg wit a certain person. sometimes u just begin2face problems u didnt hav b4. Its not jst worth it! And it doesnt create a good foundation 4 d marriage. Doin dis relationship thingy God's way comes wit sacrifices. I do sometimes feel lonly.. dere's a type of companioship a lover brings dat canot b replacd by family or friends.. but its all good. Im nt in a hurry, my family is gr8 fun, i lov dem 2bits, n im realy career driven rite now. N bsides d word of God says 'he dat trusts in d lord shal neva b put 2shame'. Wit dat kind of assurance, i gat no worries.. yes o. id ratha wait on d lord, dan submit 2one man lookg 4a sex patna b4 marriage, who has nt submittd 2 God, n wil giv me tuff time b4 n afta marriage! Abeg i no fit shout.

10 comments:

  1. Like your blog (p.s. I read the full post..lol!)

    I hope my waiting-till will be worth it sha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep prayin n talkg 2GOD.ur waitg wil not b in vain.n by d grace of God,it wil b worth it! Fear not,fair(or dark)maiden! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, dat's a post worthy of its length. i'm a teen that has been dating for some time now. turning down sex its not easy but its worth it. most men value u just until u give and lose ur dignity. at least most men. some girls do stupid things and get good husbands. others, like ur ex-roommate are unfortunate. be safe. with God, u r fine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your blog.
    I like this post especially
    I admire your resolve to keep it till you are married, and God would honour you......as you have chosen to honour God and God's word.
    You will not be put to shame.
    Dearie, so many ladies are like you, resolved to stay strong and keep their dignity.

    and I feel you on the loneliness part, there are times you just want a man in your life, and sometime you see girls that seem to be eating thier cakes and having it back.....I remember Provs 23:17-18
    but thank God you have a family that you love and loves you............you will have a beautiful life, your song will be sweet and the future is bright
    Go girl..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. shawty,i agree with u, dis post is long.but sometimes wen u gat smthg 2say,u gats 2say it all! Pls b careful. Keep sayg no. And rmemba, FLEE! Olufunke,God bles u a milion fold.thank u so much 4d prayers.uve made my week! God bles u! Thanx 4 stoppg by on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're celibate.. then stay celibate..
    That's what I advocate.. and pray God grants you the resolve to stand firm in the midst of varying temptations..

    And for those that are not.. no need being a hypocrite..

    All man unto himself.. and God for us all..

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely said roc. I knw where u re comg 4rm..hehehehe:-D like u said,God 4us all.we re only answerable 2 God. God bles u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mehn, that is some deep stuff right there, i just felt like crying to God after reading this, dont get me wrong i dont and have not had sex but the spiritual tie comes not only from penetration but othher things too, prayer is the key always. thanks for the motivation. nice blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OT,I feel blessd 2 know dat im inspirin som1 wit my blog.dis makes bloggin worthwhile 4me.thanx 4stoppg by.. God bles u! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Blog
    Im a guy in my late twenties and currently not im a relationship, why/

    Because of my stance on abstinence, many girls these days want a guy that is going to "rock their world", even some that you meet in the church, so one is not completely safe there.

    I do believe in sowing and reaping, and every deed planteth a seed, which would one day spring into a forest. I therefore am careful of the seeds that i plant ,and i believe the Lord would bring someone my way, who too has taken this stance and we can take that journey , as man an wife when the time comes.

    This was a great blog, keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete