Saturday, April 18, 2009

Haute couture

Y 4 heaven's sake is it hard 2get trendy,sassy n classy plus size trendy clothes? Ehn? It is dis challenge that has made shopping 4 clothes a nightmare 4 me. Im a very fashionable person. i have an eye 4 fashion, n i know wat looks good n what doesnt. I look at a person n dress d person up,do a make over, n d person would look great. im also very good with make up. So it pains me seriously wen i cant get clothes that express my trendy and funky personality in d market. And wen i find them, they are very expensive! Another annoying thing is that wen im shopping, n i like a particular wear, i find dat d plus size version of dat outfit is more expensive. Y 4 heaven's sake? Ehn? N God knows that at dis stage of my life,m still hussling, n im very prudent with my mony. How much do i get per job that i have 2 part with more than necessary just to look good? D slimmer chicks hav it easier. Tejuosho market is there 4 them, n a chick with some average dough can stil look really good..she doesnt hav 2 spend sooo much b4 lookin like a babe..unlike me dat has 2go d xtra mile, and hold d xtra cash b4 i can say that i hav gone shoppin. All bcos i gat some xtra sumthin on me, if u know wat im saying ;-).. By d way, how many fashion shows are there dat celebrate d plus size woman? How many designers design 4d plus size woman? How come modeling agencies that hav plus size models do not abound? Na wa o.

10 comments:

  1. I feel you.
    Its not easy getting, and the world has forgotten that there are people who are on the big size, every trendy thing seem to be made to favour the 'slim' lady.

    Well, maybe you can put some effort into making trendy things for the plus sized woman, since you have an for good style and fashion........remember 'thick madame' in phat girls? .......should we be expecting your label soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is kind of annoying that fashion is created for the skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. olufunke im seriosly considerin st goin in2 designg 4d big woman..bt m gonna start designin 4 my self n self n see how it goes! :-) by d way,dat movie 'phat gurls' is one of my best movies in da whole wide world! It actualy inspired d name of dis blog;-) blackberry (i lov dat name!) u feel my pain.thanx 4 stoppg by on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's definitely a market for plus sized women.. Even though they're more often referred to as BBW's.. Big beautiful women..

    I always was a fan of Kelly Price.. She made big sexy in my eyes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. O my God. His royal hardnes stopd by..is dis d part where i start drooling?;-) there's a market,but its nt a big one,n its so xpensive. Dis is d third time kelly price is al up in ma face.hmm. Thanx 4stoppg by roc.i apreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!! bout time someone came made a plus size blog. I'm assuming you are Nigerian. I'm Nigerian? And I'm plus size 5'11.. Lol, check out my blog, you will see..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The market is definitely expensive (Torrid for example) except in Nigeria where ofcourse you can get 'couture' made-to-measure tailored clothing.

    It might also be an issue of demand. Most frigging wealthy women who buy clothes off the runway are skinny (or close) so it is tailored to their demand.

    With more curvier celebs like Latifah and Monique, designers have opened up and I'm sure, it will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm is that in Naija babe?
    In London there are plenty of big beautiful women ( as Roc n H&m put it) stores ... or there are stores with size ranges from 4 - 24 ...maybe you should go for it hun ...I love Jennifer Hudson ..she to haute

    ReplyDelete
  9. 9ja fetish i chekd ur blog..n i liked it! Wil drop a comment lata hun.

    My dear maiden, u feel my pain. why re plus size clothes so friggin expensive in naija?! :-( n as 4d plus size celeb part hav u noticd dat there no celebs in 9ja who re funkifyin and sexyfyin d plus size look like d celebs u mentiond. or am i wrong?

    London naija queen,laaaang time babes! Where v u been? Yes o, i am complaining about lagos 9ja. I am tired of trekkg unda d hot sun, in d market, lookin 4clothes that fit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey i especially like this post, i am a siz 16 and heavily busted girl and i completely undastand how hard it is to find fashionable clothes our size, i dont think i have ever seen a plus sized model, i would raelly love to explore the whole idea of a pus sized fashion industry, anyway i am new to blogsville,
    lets be friends, no one can exist without them.

    ReplyDelete